Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gardening

Between soccer and baseball season I did a little bit of gardening. I put a few shrubs in one corner of my backyard and added a few flowers. I selected the yellow lily's because I thought the butterflies and hummingbirds would like them. There is also a pink & yellow lantana just out of the picture on the right for the butterflies. And I planted shasta daiseys (they haven't come up yet) and zenias because they are just right for picking and when Grace comes to visit it will be nice to have some flowers she can pick. I put a fresh coat of paint on my birdfeeder and added it, and now have a small corner of beauty in my backyard. I might add to it next year, but for now, I'm pretty happy with my little garden space.
And - I just got the news yesterday that I am boing to be a Grandma again!
Andrew and Brandy are expecting. They just got married on March 9th and now, they are expecting their first child which is due sometime in February. Heather, Dustin and Grace should be back by then, so Grace will have a little cousin to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment