Monday, January 10, 2011

Grace's Scripture ABC's Book!

When Andrew was little I made him a Scripture ABC Book out of construction paper and put it in a three ring binder. He loved his little book and these were the first verses he memorized.
I recently ran across his old book and decided to make one for Grace. Only it's much prettier! Technology has improved!
For Grace's book I made a template so I can easily change backgrounds, foregrounds and font colors. And - instead of construction paper, I printed it on photo paper and had it bound at Staples. If you are a Staples Reward Card holder the binding is only $1.75.

Here is the front of Grace's Book!


I'm only including the first 9 pages, but you should get the idea!

Aa..... All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

Bb..... Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31

Cc ...... Children obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Ephesians 6:1



Dd..... Depart from evil, and do good. Psalm 34:14


Ee.... Even a child is known by his doings. Proverbs 20:11

Ff..... Fear not: for I am with thee. Isaiah 43:5

Gg...... God is love. I John 4:8

Hh.... Honor they father and mother. Exodus 20:12

Ii...... If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:14


Grace really seems to be enjoying her book, and she is beginning to say the scriptures along with me as I read. Maybe soon, she'll commit them to memory and they will provide her with a strong spiritual foundation on which to build her life.

And what a life it is!
I feel very blessed to be a part of it!



5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! What a great idea! and I love the use of technology too. I can remember sewing and cutting an pasting, but I'd imagine the photo paper is more durable. I guess I should be fair and make some sort of little book for my youngest. Thanks for the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what happened to my last comment ... but I was wondering if I could order one of these from you?!? I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've always wondered what grace calls you.... Will olivia's have the same verses or will each one be different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Patty! Can we order a book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My younger brother who is in A beka and K-5 Knows all of these!!! He has been enjoying school from the beginning. The first day we almost went crazy . He asked if he could do another lesson after he would finish one. When i found out he was planning to do the 5th lesson(on the first day
    ) i said "totally not". He loves school more than i do. lol :)

    ReplyDelete