Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just A Cute Story!

Not too long ago, Heather, Grace and I went shopping in Oklahoma City. When we returned, Grace and I weren't quite ready to say goodbye, so Grace just came home with me and spent the night. We had a great time. We played tea party, read books, played blocks and read more books. We snuggled up and got a good night's sleep and enjoyed watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse over home made blueberry waffles, with blueberry syrup and whipped topping.

(life at it's best)


And we played some more.


Then it was time to fix lunch, so I decided on cheese pizza and broccoli. While I was preparing lunch Grace told me, in her sweet little two year old voice, "I want lick spoon."


I wasn't exactly sure why she wanted to lick a spoon, but I saw no harm in it, so I gave her one. She looked at it, with a look of confusion and said, "Oh, no! Nothing on it."


So, I asked, "What is supposed to be on it?"


To which she replied, "Cookie dough!"


"But, I don't have any cookie dough. I'm making pizza and broccoli!"


To which Grace had the answer. "Make some! Make cookie dough, Grandma!"


So, we then stirred up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, so we would have some cookie dough and Grace would have a spoon to lick. And it was a BIG SPOON with a rather large clump of cookie dough on it.


And not a single cookie went to waste.


There is much to be learned from the problem solving skills of a two year old!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this story!!! As I read I can hear ya'll having this conversation in my head!

    ReplyDelete