Thursday, July 8, 2010

A New Brand of Sneakers

I've been wearing Nike Sneakers for the majority of the past 25 years. I've bought Nikes for my kids and had sort of assumed my grand kids would wear the same brand. But then, I saw THIS T-SHIRT in the mall one day and decided it was time to find another brand.
I am so disappointed in Nike. I'm calling for a Nike Boycott!
I came across this shirt that I strongly disapprove of, also!
I realize that there are people who like this kind of stuff, but what about all of the conservative Christian American's who don't? Will they remian silent and let the world continue to become more and more perverse, or will they stand up for what's right and say something or do something about it. I realize that I can't change the world. But, I can take my business elsewhere and that's exactly what I did. I changed brands. I really didn't know what to get since I normally don't even try on anything but Nike. But the salesperson at the shoe store told me that Dr. Cain (a local podiatrist) recomends New Balance to all of his patients, so I tried on a few pairs of those. I don't have foot problems, but I want to be prepared to do a lot of walking if necessary on my upcoming trip to Japan so I was looking for a comfortable walking shoe.
I ended up with these:
And if anyone wants to join me and let Nike know that we do not appreciate perverse language on T-Shirts and that we are taking our business elsewhere, you can get their contact information HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's ridiculous! I really can't believe they made those shirts! What were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but thanks for commenting. I was beginning to feel as though this post was going to be totally ignored. And - Nike needs to get a few complaints so they will know where their customers stand. Surely I'm not the only person in the world who doesn't like this!

    ReplyDelete